The Mediterranean weather is gorgeous and the sun is still warm and shining. The tomatoes are red and ripe on the vine, the basil leaves are fresh, fragrant and vibrant green. What else would be more perfect for lunch than a beautiful pasta salad? These elements come together to create the most perfectly balanced flavour combination which also so perfectly visually express “ITALIA!”. All quantities are to taste and desire – I’m more heavy on the tomatoes and pepper and lighter on the cheese and oil myself…. buon appetito!
- cooked pasta (fusilli works best)
- cherry tomatoes (halved)
- fresh mozzarella (buffalo is best and optional for vegans)
- fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Cook pasta. strain under cold water to cool it down (so it doesn’t melt the cheese).
- Mix in bowl with tomatoes, basil & oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.